Sharp abdominal pains after IUD insertion, no relief after 4 days. Suggestions?

I just recently had an IUD put in. Two days after it was inserted I had massive sharp pains in my abdomen on my right side only. I waited a week just to make sure it wasn t something normal and went back in to my doctor. She said the IUD was fine and that it was in place, rah rah. She couldn t explain the pain I was having and said that if it didn t let up in three days that I should go into the hospital. I waited four days and went into the hospital. They diagnosed me with Indometriosis. I wanted a second opinion and made an appointment with a local OB/GYN. He said that I DONT have indometriosis and that I had a large cyst that burst. The CT scan that the hospital gave me did show any cysts and he said it wouldn t show up because if it burst, there would be nothing for them to see. I had that appointment on Friday. Today is Monday (three days later) and I have horrible sharp pains when I walk, move, even using the restroom. Just sitting here is torture.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  287 Awaiting Answer