Shaky legs, taken water, blood pressure raised, running out of breathe, taken atenolol and lorazepam. Menopause?

Yesterday I had shakes in my legs for a few hours, shakes lasted for 15 - 30 min then paused for a minute, then started again, it lasted around 3 hours, I had to drink water all the time during the episodes. My blood pressure raised 160/100 when it started: I took 1 atenolol + 1/2 0.5 lorazepam as my doctor recommended, but it did not stop the shakes or affected my condition. My doctor thought I had panic attacks but i do not feel any fear or any panic: just shaking with high blood pressure and running out of breath .. I had a 30 km bike ride that day and was dining with my family when it started. Can it be related to menopause? I am 52, fit. I am traveling abroad now and do not have any medical help available
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012