Shah grommet fitted. Feeling fullness in ear, loud tinnitus, popping sound while swallowing. Is it normal?

Hi I had a shah grommet fitted yesterday and whilst I know that this is very soon after to be asking questions I would like some advice. The fullness in my ear/face is really bad, this is just like when I am having a Menieres attack. Is this normal and will it die down. Also have really loud tinnitus , louder than usual and it makes a popping noise when I swallow . The aftercare I received was shocking and it was not explained to me how I woulod feel afterwards, so really unsure whether this is all normal.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013