Sexually active, red spots on penis shaft and base, spreading to abdomen, scrotum. Causes?

About three weeks ago I noticed a red spot on the shaft of my penis and a few around the base. The spots were very small and did not appear to contain any puss and were not painful or itchy. After about a week to a week and a half the spots have mostly cleared up. Today I noticed another red spot on my abdomen and one on my scrotum . These spots appear a but larger and are slightly sore. I don t really have any other symptoms that I have noticed but I have never seen these spots before. I am 40 years old and sexually active.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012