Sexually active and on nuvaring, tired, fatigue, insulin resistant, increased apetite. Pregnancy test negative. What can be going on?

I am 23 years old. I am on the nuvaring , and i am sexually active. For the past 2 mths. for sure I have been very tired and fatigue . I have always had weight issues, and found out the I am Insulin Resistant in 2006. Lately I my appitite has increased, and I have gained about 8 lbs. I did a urine pregnacy test and it was neg. Im just confused and not sure what is going on.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012