Sexually active. Irregular period, cramps, spotting. On pills. What is going on?

So, I am sexually active, but on the pill . I am a college student so of course my stress levels bounce and I have never had a completely regular period. Usually my periods are 5-7 days long and before have it I get all of the breakouts mood swings and bloating , but no cramps . This time around I have gotten my breakouts, mood swings and bloating, but i still havent started my period or if I have it was very short with just a little bit of spotting. Is that normal, or should I still be waiting for a full length period? I have 4 more days until I restart my active pills again, I am currently on my 3rd sugar pill.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013