Sexually active. Brownish spotting before periods, light bleeding. Is it a sign of pregnancy?

Hi, My last period was on 12/02/2012.. After my period stopped I had intercourse, now that my period is due on 12/30/2012 I started to have a light pink/brownish spotting on (12/24/2012 then it went away and the next day it happened again then went away and now today 12/28/2012 I experienced bleeding again but it went away but now it s light (It comes and it goes for 5 days now). Is this a sign of pregnancy or my cycle is changing and I m about to have my period in a couple of days?ry
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
If you had intercourse immediately after your periods then there are no chance of pregnancy and your cycle patteren has changed.
But if you had sex few days after you periods and sex was unprotected on then you could be pregnant and this bleeding could be due to imantation.
I would suggest you to go for home pregnancy test to decide wheather your pregnant or not.
Hope this answers your question