Sexual intercourse, tightness, swelling in vagina with lumps. Surgical removal required?

On Monday I went to the doctor as I have been having problems having sex recently as my insdies feel all tight and swollen. He examined me and said I had a thickening on the wall and the lumps may need to be surgically removed so has refered me to a surgeon. Today I am really sore and feel even more swollen - is this normal??
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Excessive tightness of the vagina can cause pain and discomfort during sexual activity.
Swelling of vagina can be due to trauma during sexual activity.
Presence of lumps in the vagina could be due to some soft tissue lesions.
Clinical assessment of the lump is required to decide the management of the lesion.
Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal