Sexual intercourse, delayed menstrual cycles. History of regular periods. Chances of pregnancy?

Ok doc I m 16 andI usually get on my periods twice a month. I get them at the beginning and the end of each month. But I had my period at the beginning of January but the end. Then plus i had sex on February 3rd, but the catch is I haven t gotten on my period for the beginning of February. The questions are..... Am I pregnant? And Is this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

From your history, you do have an irregular menstrual cycle. It would not be completely unlikely for you to experience a delay. But, we will have to first and most importantly rule out a pregnancy.

You could do this with the help of a urine pregnancy kit. It is best to get it done 20 days after last sexual contact and on first day of missed period. Although there are chances of a false negative report, kindly repeat this test with a 2 day interval at least 3 times to rule pregnancy out.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.