Sexual intercourse after a long gap, extremely painful, might be due to yeast infection. Treatment?

I attempted sex this past week-end after 7 years and it was very painful ....I suspect a vaginal yeast infection ....never had this issue before ....have a dr s appt friday ....she will probably prescribe diflucan do my ? are : will mu boyfriend get it , also how long before I can resume sex and it not be painful and also is it unusual to have this pain after not engaging in sex for 7 years ...also I do not want to put him at risk , either
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013