Sexual encounter with unknown partner, tested HIV -ve after 79 days, bouts of diarrhea, vomiting. Should recheck ?

Greetings Dr. Batra, I had a sexual encounter with male partner whose status I did not known. I tested negative for HIV at 79 days. However 2 weeks after my HIV negative test, I had a bout of diarrhea and vomiting for one day and started to make a recovery 2 days later. I didn t have a fever , however I did feel lethargic during my bout with diarrhea and vomiting. I wanted to know whether my 79 day test was conclusive or whether you might suggest that I test again. SInce this initial encounter, I have not been intimate with anyone else because of my uncertainty in regards to my HIV status. Thank you in advance Sincere regards, AAAAA
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012