Severed the radial artery in my wrist. Got stitches to stop bleeding. How much time did I have before passing out?

I severed the radial artery in my wrist the other day and was able to stop bleeding for the 45 minutes to the hospital. Dr tried to run a stitch completely around artery to stop flow so he could assess damage. Tried unsuccessfully for an hour. Was it feeding from the hand? pictures make it look like it loops around. Completely unchecked how long would I have had to get to help before passing out?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012