Severe vomiting during the early weeks of pregnancy. Prescribed with Doxinate. Is it a safe drug to use in pregnancy?

Hi , MY wife is 9 weeks pregnant.She was having 4-5 bouts of vomitting a day and the doctor we are consulting has prescribed Doxinate twice a day.Remarkbly the vomitting and even the feeling of it went away after taking the very 1st dose.This has made me very sceptical about this drug whether she has been presribed with a rather hard dose.Can you please share your experience and let me know if it is at all safe to be taking this drug during pregnancy. Thanks and Regards, Tushar Jha
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
HELLO THERE.

THANKS FOR WRITING.

YES DOXINATE IS ABSOLUTELY SAFE TO USE IN PREGNANCY.

THE DOSE ALSO WOULD NOT CAUSE ANY HARM TO YOU OR YOUR BABY.

YOU CAN REDUCE THE DOSE OR STOP IT IF YOUR NAUSEA GETS SETTLED.

PREGNANCY ASSOCIATED NAUSEA AND VOMITING REDUCES AFTER 12 WEEKS.

I HOPE I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUERY.