Severe vaginal bleeding. D and C showing thickened uterine wall. Cancer? History of stomach hernias

Hi I v 58 hers old have had severe vaginal bleeding . Went to gyn and had vaginal ultrasound . Met with him again and am schedule for a d & c he said the uterine lining was very thick. I am petrified it is cancer. Of course he can t answer me, but I have severe stomach hernias also and if I need a hysterectomy I can t have it abdominally. Is thick uterine lining and bleeding always a sign of cancer?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013