Severe upper abdominal pain, pale colored stools. Gall bladder stones?

I was in the ER 3 nights ago with sever upper abdomal pain. After an ultra sound , the doctor said I had gallstones. I have an appointment in a week with a specialist to follow up. For the past two days I have had clay or pale colored stools . I know the gall bladder issue is the cause. My question is am i ok to wait a week to see the specialist or should I try and move the appointment up? I wasn t sure if that was a sing of a serious problem or not.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012