Severe toothache, rinsed with alcohol. Swelling and burning in hard palate. Is it irritation or infection ?

Hello can I ask a question?
2 days ago i had one big toothache....painkillers didn't help, so i started rinsing my mount with alcohol (votka) to relieve the pain. I kept the vodka in my mouth for 10 minutes at a time throughout the whole evening (So i had votka in my mount 3 hours non stop....not swallowing, just rinsing). But since then my hard palate burn and is filled with red patched, and my gums on the side where I rinsed are swollen and have are red, like bleeding gums. Did the alcohol cause another infection or is this "just" irritibility? Drinking and eating is very painful, cause even the sligtest touch makes my hard palate burn very badly:(
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013