Severe tooth ache, painful abscess on the gum. Need medical attention?

hey, i recently been having a bad tooth ache in my one of my bottom row back teeth very bad and i thought it was due to a bad cavity that was forming, this went on for almost 1 and a half weeks but happily the pain finally went away but i noticed 3 days ago i had lump on between my bottom gum and tooth which i later did research and found out it was an abscess , but yet i feel no pain where the abscess has formed?. As i can remember i didn t have that lump when my tooth/gum pain was occuring on my bottom tooth, the abscess appeared after those 1 and a half weeks of pain i went through in my mouth, is this something i should be concerned about? thanks. please reply asap
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013