Severe throbbing pain on calf and foot. No relief with medications. How to relieve pain?

hello I have this severe throbbing pain in my right calf and foot , nothing is relieving it. It hurts when I walk and rest and it kept me up all night and morning cause the pain was so bad. I have not been exercising or anything when it happened it happened the day before yesterday but was a slight pain but worsened yesterday evening. Just wanted to know should I be worried since it was sudden and not brought on my any type of activity?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012