Severe throbbing pain in the bottom of the sternum. Pain worse after drinking water. Hernia suspected. Need immediate care?

My doctor has sent of a request for a surgeon RE: suspected hernia (in the same region as my gallbladder). An ultra sound came up clear of anything in my upper abdomen. The last few days, every time I eat I've been having throbbing pains all across my diaphragm and at the bottom of my sternum. They feel like electricity spreading across my upper gastro/lower ribcage. This morning, the pains became worse after just drinking some water.

Should I go to the out of hours clinic/A&E or wait and call my doctor in the morning?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013