Severe throat pain on talking, swallowing, coughing, tight feeling. Cause of concern?

My throat was squeezed too hard and I heard and felt a crunch on the left side of my throat. Immidiately following, I experienced severe pain when talking, swollowing, and coughing. It has been a week and the pain has subsided, but not completely. I am experiencing very much pain and discomfort on the left side of my throat wen I yawn and a bit when I swallow . It feels like something is torn and stretching beyond its limit. Could there be something seriously wrong with my throat? Will this go away on its own?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Squeezing the throat hard can cause significant injuries. The extent of injury depend on the amount of pressure exerted - can be external over the skin and muscles or deep involving throat and oesphagus.

The injuries could take time to heal and the recovery period is proportional to the amount of damage sustained. It would go away on its own; however antiinflammatory drugs can fasten the recovery.
You may consider visiting a physician nearby for clinical examination; he/she can prescribe you the medications that can fasten the recovery.

Hope this answers your query.