Severe tension in jaw area, chronic fatigue. History of TMJ surgery with persistent titanium plates. Cause?

I had TMJ surgery, upper and lower jaws, over 20 years ago. The 4 titanium plates were not removed. When I enquired a few years ago about having them removed, I was told they had grown into the bone (I am not sure if that was a definite statement, or a probability), and could not be removed. There are also wires tied on both sides of the lower jaw. I experience a lot of tension in my jaw area, but no other symptoms, unless chronic fatigue might be considered a symptom. What are the effects of this, and what can I do to improve my health and well-being?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  94 Awaiting Answer