Severe swelling, redness around the gums post removal of wisdom teeth, pain on brushing, sensitive to drinks, have good dental record. Medicines?

Hi, I had all four wisdom teeth removed December 28th 2011 and at first there was a kind of an over-bite? Well, now there is a considerable amount of swelling and redness around my gums on the left side. When I brush, it hurts and when I eat and drink it s really sensitive. I m kind of scared it s gingivitis but I have always had an extremely healthy dental record. I know I need to see my dentist but is there anything I can do now to relieve the swelling and pain?
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012