Severe swelling and high temperature on the legs. Suffer from pain. Have diabetes. Cellulitis?

my dad has had severe swelling and hotness to the touch on his lower legs, he has had 2 lots of anti biotics and has now been given more, he struggles to walk and is in severe pain, he has just been diagnosed with diabeties and doctors keep sending him away with tablets that arent doing anything, what do you suggest. he has also had an infected toenail. i have looked on internet and i know im no doctor but it looks like celluitus, should he leave this and keep trying anti biotics,
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013