Severe stress due to loss of near one, feel vomiting on talking, have anxiety attacks. Any ideas?

I have a friend who is going thru a stressful time. His best friend was in an accident & may die. He has been visiting the hospital & spending time with the friend s parents. He says hes trying to be strong for them but that he is a mess & will go to therapy next week. What im curious about is that he says he cant talk without wanting to vomit . I have had anxiety attacks etc & I have never experienced this nore ever heard of it. Any idea what could cause it? He has told me that he used to be very anal. (His words) he has also said he has OCD .
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012