Severe stomach pain, tests detected fibroid like growths extending to stomach, liver and spleen. What does this indicate?

my brother is 19 years old. for the past month he has been suffering from stomach pains and was recently admitted to hospital. After thinking it was his appendix causing the pain doctors have now taken a sample from his body for tests and in his medical file there is mention of Fibroid like growths extending to his stomach, liver and spleen . can you please shed some light on this. thanks
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012