Severe stomach pain. On lansoprazole. Could I have stomach ulcer?

I am a 27 year old, 6ft, just under 12 stone male who has suffered 4 seperate times with severe stomach cramps over the past 2 years. When it occurs, it literally puts me to the floor holding my stomach and is an intense pain, like a churning in my stomach. When it happens my stomach feels as solid as concrete. 3 times before it has lasted between 1 - 3 days however I have experienced it on and off since Friday 21st to Monday 24th September just gone. My doctor has prescribed a box of 30mg Lansoprazole Gastro-resistant capsules and has given me a form to book a blood test at my local hospital, although she wasnt too helpful in explaining either the causes or what it the matter with me. She mentioned that I could have a stomach ulcer but she said this was unlikley. Just looking to see if anyone could shed any light on what is wrong with me?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012