Severe stomach cramps, extreme hunger feeling with cramps that eases with eating. What could the cause be?

For a few years now, i really can t remember when it first started i ve been waking up with severe stomach cramps . It s like an extreme hunger feeling with nausea . It only happens if i m awake around the hours of 2-5. I get up at 4am for work so it is really bad at that time. It is mostly upper stomach pain with sharp cramps. It goes away after i eat. If i eat late of if i eat a large meal which i rarely do i m in excruciating pain the next morning. It doesn t happen when i wake up naturally or after say 6 or 7am. But in the last few days its been occuring throughout the day. this is a new symptom for me. I m not a bit dairy or meat eater. i prefer a vegetable based diet. i dont drink alcohol, smoke or drink sodas. i did discover this morning that gatorade made me feel better and allowed me to get to work with vomiting . i usually have to eat something just so i can function
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013