Severe stomach ache and cramps. Have diarrhoea with light blood. Is it serious?

Male aged 24, I woke up christmas morning around 0800hrs, with unbelievably bad stomach pains/ cramps , i have not vomited however i have had to use the toilet many times in the space of 48hrs for no.2, on the 26th i noticed i was only pooing blood , light colour, and not solid(s), today if my birthday (24) and i still have mild stomach pain/cramps, i dont wish to bother a doctor in person as i dont wish to waste their time or mine, and im just curious if this is a bug thats going round which will pass, or weather its more serious to which i do need to visit a doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012