Severe sore throat, pain during yawning, green and brown mucus. No relief with medicine. Cure?

The past few days I have been experiencing such a severe sore throat that I don t even want to swallow . I looked in the back of my throat and there is NO swelling what so ever. It kept me up 2 days ago during the night so yesterday morning I went to the hospital and they looked at my throat my ears and felt my glands and said nothing was wrong. Well now today the hangy thing in the back of my throat looks slightly swollen and its all a very angry red colour ...I don t have a stuffy nose or a cough unless I choke on my spit. . I am sore like my rib cage is, I don t think I m running a fever. It hurts whenever my neck muscles tighten like a yawn or hiccups or trying to swallow. I do whenever I Like go to spit and suck it back (gross I know) have green and brown mucus but no reason for having that since my nose isn t stuffy? I don t get it and neither did they. They gave me bacatrine? For a cough I don t have. And otld me to take ibprohen for my throat but nothing is helping, no sore throat medicine nothing.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012