Severe sore throat and glands on right side throat extremely swollen, difficult in opening mouth. Is it normal?

Intense sore throat started Sun night. Mon morning went to Urgent Care and started Amoxicillin . Throat still sore. Also glands on right side of face extremely swollen, and difficulty opening my mouth especially on the right side. I should note that my throat is only sore on the right side too. It is Wed afternoon and while the pain isn t quite as severe, it is still pretty bad and even my teeth hurt. Is this normal? Doc at Urgent Care said it could take 2-3 days for the pain to subside. This is my third day suffering...
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013