Severe sore throat and enlarged white painful tonsils. Taking amoxicillin. How to get relief?

hello, i am currently experiencing a severe sore throatand enlarged white painful tonsils but no other symptoms which ive had for two weeks. i cannot get to a doctor for a definite diagnosis because i am volunteering in a rural area of nepal, however the local pharmacist looked in my throat and confirmed tonsillitis . ive been on a 500 mg dose of amoxicillin three times a day for three days and my throat has only gotten worse. i went back to the pharmacy and got azithromycin . can i take these two antibiotics together, or wait longer for ammoxicillin to work? is it possible the bacteria is resistant to ammoxicilin since my symptoms have only worsened. the pain is very bad. thank you
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013