Severe skin itching. Using permethrin lotion, crotorax ointment. Suggestions?

Hi Doctor, Recently from last 8 weeks i am having body itching. Now a days when it itches and i scratch the itching Today i had been to Skin doctor for expert opinion. He suggested that this is nothing serious and he prescribed permethrin lotion and ointment crotorax and sternon -g my ,Tablet HYRAX 10 for 3 week and suggested to apply that it may give some relief. Kindly suggest your opinion on this the reason for this type of itching and how long will it take to cure. Your answers will be well taken. Regards
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012