Severe shooting pain on the sides of the body after a fall. MRI suggested. What is it?

I fell on my back five days ago, the pain is so severe I can barely walk. It doesn't hurt too much if I lie completely still but the moment I move I get sharp shooting pains on one side. They hurt so bad it brings me to tears. It feels as though my insides are burning. Not that the soreness from the inpact of the fall is gone I have numbness around the area. I went to the er 4 days ago and my X-rays showed no brakes or fractures, my doctor told me to wait another week before I go get an MRI but I am in the wost pain I've ever expierenced in my life even with the pain killers, muscle relaxers and ibprofine. Should I be concerned I'm not feeling any better? What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013