Severe shooting pain in the heel after long hours of rest. Suggestions?

Hi., I am 30 yrs ole, Female. I have been experiencing severe pain on the heel of my feet . It does not occur regularly but after long hours of rest ( in the morning). Further in the day I do not experience any pain. I cannot place the pain and can only say my Heel hurts . It is a kind of sharp shooting pain. It does not hurt when I massage the heels. I do have cracks on my feet which are not so deep. Any advice on the same would be helpful
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012