Severe shaking, uncontrollable condition, occurs at rest. MRI normal. Causes for symptoms?

Hello, currently I have uncontrollable body shakes. My body shakes for under a second or I get violent hand shakes. These occur when I am being passive ie... not doing anything such as when my hands are at rest or when I am not moving. I have gotten an MRI and there is nothing there physically that can cause the shakes. I ve had them since I was about 16 and they have gotten worse. I didn t have the hand shakes until this past fall and they are more severe then they are then. I also get far more overall shakes. I used to get about 2-3 per day. Now I get 40 per day. What do you think it is?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013