Severe right sided pain since depo shot. Had feeling of discomfort while taking injection. Hit on the nerve?

Hello, I am a healthy 19 year old College Student who has been taking the Depo Vera injection for a little over 1 year. I recently got an injection on January 31st, and since that time I have had severe pain on my right side, shoulder and chest areas. The pain seem to move around. I returned to my doctor twice since the injection was given and I was told that they believed that I was having muscle spasms. However, I believe that the nurse injected the shot to high on the upper half of my right buttock, as I immediately tensed up when she injected the shot and she stated that I should not have tensed up. It felt like a bubble was building up under my skin and that the medicine was moving upward instead on downward. I am 5 4 and I am thin at only 98lbs. Could she have hit a nerve? What test should be taken to find out it that did happen? The doctor prescribed Flexaril and Naproxpen to relax my muscles and for pain, they are not working. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013