Severe right calf pain, inability to walk. Smoker, history of bilateral mammectomy. Reason for the pain?

The last few Weeks I have had aweful pain in my right calf . So sudden, I never frly such horrible pain. It s very hard to take a step. when I first wake up I can t even stand on it the pain shoots up and down front and back and I n barely walk but as the day progresses it s subsides than comes right back when I take a step. Thank you for any answers you may have. ... Bernadette I do smoke a lot of cigarettes and I am 37 years old. I had a biletural mammectomy other than that, I am very healthy.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
The acute pain in the calf might be related to a decreased blood circulation in the calf due to prolonged smoking. You need to get a color doppler study done for your calf to know the cause. Avoid smoking at all costs.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal