Severe peanut allergy, carbon monoxide poisoning. Related symptoms?

Hello, Just recently my son was admitted to the hospital with a severe peanut allergy reaction and at the same time they detected a very high level of carbon monoxide poisoning in his system. We had the apartment tested and there were no signs of CO in the apartment. They then said that there was probably a miss reading of the level of CO in his body, however how is this related to the severe allergy reaction that he had with the peanuts?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013