Severe pain with edema in the foot. Diagnosed with gout. Had mesentery thrombosis in the past. Family history of strokes. Advice?

I am a 54 year old woman with a history of blood clots. I had a mesentery thrombosis at age 30 that resulted in losing 12 feet of intestines. Recently I have been suffering with extreme foot pain of the right foot. It is only on the top of the foot and the toes and has pitted edema , and today I noticed the pain extends up the leg along red painful streaks. Brief history, both maternal grandparents and mother all died of strokes. I have been diagnosed with gout and there is a an extense history of RA in the family. Mallorie
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012