Severe pain under ear, difficulty to chew on left side, unable to open mouth wide. Reason?

i fell on my ear really hard while wakeboarding, at first is was very painful to eat anything using the left side of my mouth.. a few days later i could eat on the left side again without feeling that much pain, now, 2 weeks after, it is still very painful to touch the area under my ear and i still am not able to open my mouth real wide. what is the problem?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Hello, thank you for sharing your problem with HCM.
I think there is some problem in your Temporomandibular joint (joint of the jaw) because it can be possible that at the time of falling you got a direct hit on it.
The joint lies in front of the ear that is why you are feeling pain and unable to open mouth.
You should visit your dentist to get an x - ray done of the joints and get the problem diagnosed.