Severe pain on the left buttocks after a long car travel. Weakness on the left leg. Anything serious?

I went on an 800 mile car ride. I was fine on the trip. After I arrived home and several hours later got a terrific pain in my left buttock. I thought it was a sciatic problem. After going to a chiropracter, he said no. I had something out of place. He made an adjustment. He didn t do anything else as he left with his family on a planned family trip. He gave me some herbal pain medicine and told me to use ice packs and a vibrator until he got back. I have found that doing some exercises and walking has helped. However I usually wake up early in the morning with terrible pain until I take something for the pain and use some ice. My left leg seems to be weak so I have to careful when going up and down stairs or doing certain exercises.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013