Severe pain on sitting cross legged. Pain in hips, upper thigh, knee. Reason for pain?

Hello, my first question is that I get severe pain after sitting cross-legged for any extended period of time. I get pain in my hips and pain in my upper thighs. I also feel the pain after I move my legs back to a straight position. I am a 20 year old female. My second question is about my knees. I often get sudden knee pain while walking. One of my knees will give out on me (interchangeably) and not bare my weight to the point that I have to limp over and sit down. Can you explain this? I have a history of running track when I was younger, and was dropped once while doing a stunt as a cheerleader and landed on my knee, if that could be part of the problem.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013