Severe pain on lower chest, have had pneumothorax, had broken rib, hard to breathe. Opinion?

I have severe pain on my left side of lower chest . It feels sometimes like its being grabbed and squeezed, this usually doesn t happen for more than an hour but it happens spuraticaly through out the day. I also have green feces but I am not sure if this has anything to do with what s going on. I have had a pneumothorax in the past caused by a broken rib in car accident. There is visual bruising there. I find myself gasping for air and extremely hard to breathe and it increases pain. I have worked around enclosed areas with insulation and I have been smoking for numerous years. Please give me your expert opinion on what this is.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013