Severe pain, numbness and tingling in the toes and ankle after sprain. Normal x-ray. What else is the reason?

I sprained my ankle about 2-3 weeks ago and now I got severe pain, numbness and tingling in my toes that shoot up to and through my ankle. When I originally went to hospital with my sprain they said my xray was good, what could be causing this? And how do I treat this? I wake up crying sometimes in the middle of night but can t afford to keep going back and forth to the hospital. Please help...
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013