Severe pain in top of right thigh, radiating from groin to lower back. Recommendations?

Hi, I have been getting severe pain at the top of my right thigh since before Christmas approx 3 1/2 months some days the pain is not to bad but other days I can barely walk & am unable to lift my leg whilst laying down. The pain seems to radiate from groin area to hip & lower back. My GP has referred me to Physio saying it could be muscular but the Physio advised it isn't. They have given me exercises to do but it hasn't improved at all.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013