Severe pain in the left abdomen, uteric strincture found, advised open surgery and inserting stent. Any alternative?

Hi Doctor, Two Days Back i feel sever Pain in left kidney side & fater diagnosis (IVP) there is lower uretric Strincture found & doctor advise me to its only & best way to this is Open surgery & cut instructure & rejoint utrus & fix D J stent . After 6 week of surgery DJ Stent will be remove. I need your feed back thats its only way or any other treatment available instead of open surgery. regards Yougendra
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012