Severe pain in the hip, leg and ankle after having a cortisone injection for herniated disc. Injured ankle. Is the pain due to this or the disc problem?

Hi, I got a cortisone injection a week ago for an L4 herniated disc and am still in a tremendous amount of pain (Back of hip, down the leg into the ankle and numbing of the foot ) I m told it could take 2 weeks before the injections take effect, is that accurate? Also I injured my ankle 4 years ago, badly spraining it but never went to a doctor. It s the ankle on the same side of my back symptoms, is there any chance of a residual issue with my ankle causing some of the pain that I m currently feeling as well? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012