Severe pain in the hip. Hip impingement on the x-ray. Growth in the femur. Need surgery?

Hell doctors. I m in need of a hip specialist. I m 19 years old, in Special Operations in the military , so am subjected to daily, maniacal workouts. I came up with writhing pain in the frontal flex point of my hip and have been discovered by xray to have a Hip Impingement. Seems theres a bony growth on the femur/ball and it s causing bone on bone with my socket, or acetubulum. Can this bony mass be shaved off to provide me with relief and get me back to where I was athletically? I also heard my military orthopedist use the term pincer. Hope this helps. The military doesn t want to perform the surgery, so I will pursue it on my own. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013