Severe pain in the fingers and wrist after an injury. Pain is radiating to shoulder. Swelling and bruising on the wrist. Any suggestions?

I was climbing into my truck (semi). I lost my footing, went to grab the handle & hit the outside of my wrist . It hurt of course than stopped. About 3-4 hours later my wrist started hurting severely. I can t even move my fingers. I can t pick anything up or move it at all. The pain is radiating up to my shoulder . It is constantly throbbing. When I try to put my hand above my heart the pain is unbearable. I put an ice pack on my wrist & it did nothing at all. There is a little swelling & small amount of bruising . Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks, Susan
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
From the description it seems that you have injured the tendons due to the injury. A bone injury like fracture is not like. Keep the wrist properly immobilized using a splint and consult an orthopedician for examination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal