Severe pain in the eye. Burning sensation in the eye with tension headache. Normal MRI report. Could the pain be due to the mercury fillings?

Hi there. For the last 2 years I have suffered excruciating eye pain almost every day. It begins with a slight dragging sensation around the eyes, usually the right eye, then my eyeballs feels icy cold occasionally I get a burning sensation under my eyelids. I find that air conditioning or droughts make them worse. When this pain begins it stays with me all day and sometimes I get a slight headache but more like a tension headache . It is debilitating. I have been told I have dry eyes , but a cornea specialist said that they aren t bad enough to cause this pain and said he was 99% sure there was nothing wrong with my eyes at all. I have tried numerous different eye drops, none of which, help. I have had an MRI scan and there was nothing untoward showing , I have seen 5 eye specialists. I have even spoken with my dentist , wondering if this pain could be from the mercury fillings I have, he said definately not and didn t suggest this should be investigated. Now I am having acupuncture . The acupuncturist suggests it could be neuralgic, she feels that the one side of my face looks slightly puffy . I have an appointment booked to see an ear,nose & throat doctor to have a look at my sinuses. I am o.k first thing in the morning, obviously because I have had my eyes closed. Therefore, the only solution I have at the moment is to close my eyes and relax them for 15 mins or so. This is obviously not the ideal solution and am desperate for answers to my problem and of course, pain relief. Please can you suggest anything Regards Denise Davis
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013